SolarEdge Technology Overview
A short comparison of the three inverter topologies - string inverters, microinverters and SolarEdge DC optimized inverters. Learn how the SolarEdge solution combines the best of both worlds
Reduced O&M cost
Free module-level performance monitoring & remote maintenance for system lifetime lead to more effective and efficient O&M by decreasing trips to sites, reducing the amount of time spent on site, and increasing system uptime.
SolarEdge’s PV Asset management features:
- Full visibility of your system's technical and financial performance, including interactive charts and site layout
- Visualization of PV production, building consumption, and self-consumption
- Data presentation at the module-level, string-level and system level
- Comprehensive site-level and fleet-level reporting and analysis tools with an option to schedule automatic reports and export reports
- Easy access from a computer, smartphone, or tablet
- Effective fleet management and improved O&M capabilities:
- Automatic alerts on system issues
- Remote troubleshooting and access to real-time system data and guided root-cause fault analysis
- High resolution data, including historical and aggregated views with comparative analysis diagnostics
Future Compatibility & Warranty
SolarEdge offers distinctive satisfactory features to eventually decrease any future costs, such as:
- Longer inverter warranty with up to 40% lower-cost inverter replacement than traditional inverter
- Free lifetime monitoring cloud system
- Greater energy expansion for individual module even in the same string
- Resistant to ammonia corrosion in agricultural areas
Enhanced Safety Solution - SafeDCTM
SolarEdge provides superior safety which is able to minimize electrocution risk compare to traditional string and central inverters. Traditional inverter only terminates the electric current flow, while electrocution risk still remains as long as the sun is shining.
SolarEdge SafeDC™ offers a safety features to automatically switch into safety mode to 1VDC output on each module. It can ensure the installers, maintenance personnel and firefighters during the maintenance, installation and high temperature of module (above 85℃).
ARC Fault Detection and Interruption
Passing UL1699B standard, SolarEdge inverters are designed to mitigate effect of some arcing faults that may lead to risk of fire.