SolarEdge Technology Overview
A short comparison of the three inverter topologies - string inverters, microinverters and SolarEdge DC optimized inverters. Learn how the SolarEdge solution combines the best of both worlds
Reduced O&M cost
Free module-level performance monitoring & remote maintenance for system lifetime lead to more effective and efficient O&M by decreasing trips to sites, reducing the amount of time spent on site, and increasing system uptime.
SolarEdge’s PV Asset management features:
- Real-time remote monitoring at module, string, and system levels
- Comprehensive analytics tracking and reports of energy yield, system uptime, performance ratio, and financial performance
- An accurate automatic alert for maintenance with rapid response
- Ultra-speed remote troubleshooting for efficient solution with minimal and shortened onsite
- Consumption monitoring feature shows data on electricity consumption, PV production, and self-consumption
Future Compatibility & Warranty
SolarEdge offers distinctive satisfactory features to eventually decrease any future costs, such as:
- Longer inverter warranty with up to 40% lower-cost inverter replacement than traditional inverter
- Free lifetime monitoring cloud system
- Greater energy expansion for individual module even in the same string
- Resistant to ammonia corrosion in agricultural areas
Enhanced Safety Solution – SafeDC™
SolarEdge provides superior safety which is able to minimize electrocution risk compare to traditional string and central inverters. Traditional inverter only terminates the electric current flow, while electrocution risk still remains as long as the sun is shining.
SolarEdge SafeDC™ offers a safety features to automatically switch into safety mode to 1VDC output on each module. It can ensure the installers, maintenance personnel and firefighters during the maintenance, installation and high temperature of module (above 85℃).
ARC Fault Detection and Interruption
Passing UL1699B standard, SolarEdge inverters are designed to mitigate effect of some arcing faults that may lead to risk of fire.